Since moving up here from Brighton, where I completed my Ph.D. [Language Games in a Visual Environment] , I have exhibited at the Angel Gallery, Nottingham, 20/21 Gallery, Scunthorpe, and last year, a one man show at Bank Street Art, Sheffield.
I am at present making work for an exhibition entitled 'Modernism Revisited'. It is both a 'deconstruction' and a 'reconstruction' of various works of this era - Malevich, van Doesburg, el Lissitzky. I have coined the term DECO-RECO to describe my activities.
I have finished two works so far. They are both deconstructions of Malevich's painting 'Red Cavalry'. One of Modernism's major figures, Malevich's work attempts a synthesis between figurative and abstract elements. In these two works I have amplified these relationships and presented them in a 'playful' and enigmatic light. To an extent, the pieces also act as a 'celebration' of my relationship over the years with his work.
In addition to my visual work I also lecture on Contemporary Art and its philosophical background.
CV & Education
- 2013 - The Archaeology of the Frivolous - The Collection, Lincoln
- 2010 - PLAY-ON, Bank St Arts, Sheffield
- 2000 - PhD Exhibition, University of Brighton, Brighton
- 2007 - Conflict, 20/21 gallery , Scunthorpe 2007
- 2007 - in their own words, End Gallery, Sheffield Hallam University
- 2007 - Stuff Happens, Angel Row Gallery,
- 2005 - Winter Lightworks, Workington, Cumbria