Axis helps you make contact with artists and curators.
How do I contact individual artists or curators on Axis?
It’s free to contact a single artist or curator – all you need to do is go to their page in the directory. Simply complete the contact form and they will receive your message.
To contact a SINGLE artist or curator:
- Click the contact button on the artist or curator page
- Enter your subject and message
Please note that artists and curators have the facility to make themselves non-contactable. Therefore the 'contact' button may not appear on every member's page.
How do I contact a group of artists on Axis?
It’s free to contact a group of up to 50 artists. The easiest way to do this is to add them to your favourites and then use the option of contacting them as a group. See below for further help.
To contact a GROUP (1-50) of artists
- Go to www.axisweb.org/signin to create a profile or sign in, which will enable you to save a list of artists
- Add artists to your favourites by selecting the 'add to favourites' option from the top of the artist's page.
- Click favourites on the top menu bar (or go to www.axisweb.org/favourites)
- Tick the check boxes of the artists you want to contact
- Click 'contact selected artists'
- Enter your message
How do I contact 50+ artists or curators on Axis?
A charge of £25 (including VAT) will be made to contact between 50 and 100 artists or curators. Please get in touch with Axis in the first instance, with details of your request.
For more information please email email@example.com
We do not allow Axis to be used as a mailing list, but there are other ways you can reach Axis artists and curators:
- Submit a work opportunity for artists or curators to the opportunities noticeboard (viewable only by subscribing artists and curators) – www.axisweb.org/addopportunity
- Banner advertising – we offer banner advertising across the site - www.axisweb.org/advertising
- You can pay to advertise artist opportunities on Axis which we will also send out to over 2000 artists in our monthly opportunities e-bulletin
What happens to my message?
Provided the message complies with our Terms and Conditions, Axis will forward your entire message and contact details to the artist or curator. All artists and curators are asked to respond directly to you.
Axis cannot guarantee a response from artists or curators to whom you send a message. However we do ask them to be courteous and respond, even if only to acknowledge and decline.
You will receive an email from Axis acknowledging your message has been sent. A record of your message will be saved in your profile for your records.
Is there any other way I can contact an artist or curator?
Many artists and curators have links to their own websites on Axis. If you contact an artist or curator this way, please mention you found them through Axis. We're keen to let artists know about the benefits of having a profile on Axis!