The establishment of the Bath School of Art & Design in 1852 resulted from Government debate on the national shortage of training opportunities in design to support manufacture, and concerns about the strength of international design & manufacture at the time of the 1851 Great Exhibition. It became one of seventeen regional public institutions addressing the national need for highly skills artists & designers. In 1946 the School moved to Corsham and was renamed the Bath Academy of Art.
Sourced from the Bath School of Art & Design website, 2008, artbathspa.com/school/history (accessed 16 August 2008).
MAstars selectors Andrew Stonyer
Institution Website www.artbathspa.com