The Axis website is designed to meet Web Content Accessibility Guidelines v1.0, level 1 (see bobby.watchfire.com). Because most web pages on this site are built dynamically from a database, the content and therefore accessibility compliance may change in the future. Every effort will be made to ensure the site remains accessible with as wide a range of non-target browsers as possible, including those designed for users who use assistive technologies such as visual browsers, aural devices, printers, Braille devices, handheld devices, etc.
This website is designed to be compliant with W3 Consortium guidelines regarding mark-up language and style sheets. Because most web pages on this site are built dynamically from a database, the content and therefore W3C guidelines compliance may change in the future. For information, the doctype is DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional (EN).
The web pages on the Axis website have been tested on Internet Explorer (version 4.01 onwards), Netscape Navigator/Communicator (5.0 onwards), Mozilla Firefox (version 1.0 onwards) and Apple Safari. Other browsers are also supported but not tested as thoroughly. If your browser does not display the Axis website correctly and you are using the latest version of your browser with all patches applied, please contact our technical team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This website is best viewed on monitors with a resolution of 1024x768 pixels or higher, at a colour depth of 16-bit (high-colour) or higher. It is of course possible to display the website on monitors with lower resolution, but increased scrolling may be necessary to view all content.
Java Script and popup windows
This website uses Java Script to navigate back in the browser history, to open popup windows with artwork details or help text, and occasionally to submit forms. All Jave Script has been tested thoroughly for compatibility with a wide range of browsers. You can turn off the use of popup windows in your personal profile, after registering.
sign in or register now
Plug ins and media player
Normally no plug-ins are required to navigate this website, or to view any of the text or view images. However, plug-ins or stand-alone media players may be requiredto access multimedia content (video, audio, flash/shockwave animation, quicktime VR, VRML, etc.) . In most cases, these viewers are freeware and already installed on standard operating systems. Whenever a link to such content is shown, we give advice on what suitable players are available, and where to download them.
Speed of page delivery
The speed at which pages from this website are delivered depends on several factors:
- your connection to the Internet: Although a broadband connection is better, you will find that you can browse the Axis website quite comfortably over a 56K dial-up modem connection.
- the specification of your equipment: We advise that the machine you use to connect to the internet should have a minimum specification of Pentium III 450MHz running Windows 98 with 128MB RAM (for Windows PC), or Power Mac G3 500MHz running OS 9 with 128MB RAM (for Macintosh), or the equivalent specification of another type of computer.
- general Internet traffic at time of request: A factor that is neither predictable nor controllable. We will optimise our pages so that you will always experience the best possible response time, but such factors out of our control may sometimes slow down navigation within the Axis website.
- our server load at time of request: A factor that we can and do control. We monitor the load of our web server regularly and upgrade or replace hardware if response times become unsatisfactory.
- the size of the page with all associated resources: This website is predominantly image based, and the more images are on a particular page, the slower it will load in your browser. We optimise all artwork images for fast display to give you the best browsing experience. At the same time we aim to preserve the best visual quality achievable at any given resolution. However, sometimes our automated mechanism gets it wrong. If you find an artwork that is not of the high standard you would expect from us, please let us know the URL of the page by sending an email to email@example.com and we will fix it.