1. The Video Ident
This will be used at the beginning of all Axis produced film content. It should include the following elements:
- Our web address (axisweb.org) undergoing a transition animation.
- A simple soundtrack that will include elements used within the audio ident to maintain consistency.
- A black screen which fades up to the transition animation
- The intro video ident should be no longer than 5 seconds.
- The design should be simple to avoid dating.
2. The ‘Axis podcast’ Audio Ident
This will be used at the beginning and end of all Axis produced podcasts. The audio idents should include the following:
- That it is a podcast
- That the content is from Axis
- The web address: www.axisweb.org
- That the listener can subscribe to future podcasts at www.axisweb.org
3. The ‘Radio Axis podcast’ Audio Ident
Radio Axis is a distribution channel for podcasts made by other people/organisations.
- That it is a podcast distributed by Axis
- The web address: www.axisweb.org/radioaxis
- That the listener can subscribe to future podcasts at www.axisweb.org/radioaxis
- Each part of the audio idents should be no longer than 10 seconds.
- We envisage that the soundtrack for the video ident will be used as the basis of the audio idents in order to create familiarity and consistency across all our AV content.
Millie Burton Sun-yellowed TV, 2007
Candice Jacobs Anti Social Behaviour Device, 2008
Steven Dickie The Hunt for the Unavoidable Future, 2009
How to apply
- Send a storyboard of up to 6 frames showing your design, layout and animation ideas.
- Audio samples/ideas should accompany your storyboard and should be sent as MP3s
- A script for the audio idents, indicating what background sounds and voice would be used
Please note we do not expect finished idents for the initial submission, but would like to get a sense of how you will approach the commission. We require submissions that cover all three idents, these are not seperate commissions.
The winning submission will then be commissioned and you must be able to produce the idents using your own equipment.
Fee: £350 (for all three idents)
Deadline 11 October 2010
Please send submissions to email@example.com
Examples of other idents
Tate Shots: channel.tate.org.uk
The Guardian www.guardian.co.uk/video
Walker Art Centre: www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIRhrgzZ9_I
If you have any further questions about the brief, please contact Lucy Gibson firstname.lastname@example.org | 0113 242 9830 | Twitter: @axisweb