I am setting up an online archive documenting the existence of Teggie - the Beast of Bala Lake. A compilation of sightings, newspaper articles, notes of accounts, interviews, film footage, drawings and other emphemera.
• In 1995, Teggie brought international interest from Tokyo Broadcasting, a Japanese TV company who scanned the lake with a North Sea Deep Rescue Submersible.
• I am investigating conspiracy theories that Teggie is in fact a group of seals left over from secret military experiments during World War I.
• Could Teggie be a supernatural spirit such as 'Pontrhydfendigaid witch, Mari Berllan Biter' who can transform herself into all kinds of shapes and forms?
• Andrew and Paul Delaney claim Teggie came within 80 yards of their boat raising a small head and 10 foot neck into the air.
• Finding the mysterious Dutchman Christian Ganzeboer who in 2002 penned a letter entitled Monster Hunter ‘looking for people who have seen something unexplained at Bala Lake’ in the Western mail.
• There are reports of a ‘missing film’ from 1976 but where is this now?
• Nick Taylor captured some footage of Teggie in 1997. The video shows a moving, pale green head and hump. But where is this footage now?
There are endless unexplained accounts on the lake from windsurfers being strangely "lifted out of the water" to tourists being chased.