Axis Web believes in the ability of artists to enrich how we see and act in the world.
A UK registered charity, our purpose it to advance the education of the public by developing understanding and appreciation of artists. We work with our members and partners to promote artists, champion their talents and create new opportunities. Through facilitating and enabling this exchange we help artists sustain their work and strengthen their place in society.
- Hosts the Axis Directory, an online showcase of over 3,000 selected artists
- Designs digital tools for artists like the Opportunity Finder and Profile Builder
- Provides artists with access to affordable and comprehensive Public and Product Liability Insurance and Professional Indemnity Insurance through Network Associate
- Connects with people with artists through digital services such as Find an Artist, Follow an Artist, Post an Opportunity, and Manage a Call
- Runs Vacant Space, a programme connecting artists with empty properties
- Make films about artists and their projects
- And develops ways to increase access to, and engagement with, artists through projects and action research.
Axisweb was founded in 1991 by Leeds Beckett University and supported by Arts Council of Great Britain (now Arts Council England) and The Gulbenkian Foundation, Axisweb was inspired by a determination to champion and reflect the valuable role artists have in society.
We are based at The Art House in Wakefield, West Yorkshire.
A company limited by guarantee (No. 2595018)
A registered charity (No 1002841)
VAT registered (No 545 6847 08)
Currently collaborating with: